Oceans cover almost three-quarters of the Earth’s surface, and hold over 90% of the planet’s water.
Related content and links
About Marine Science
The Marine Science blog showcases the latest developments and research in the marine and freshwater sectors across all government departments.
Follow Cefas on Twitter
- The Blue Belt Programme: looking back on 2020/2021
- Invasive Species Week 2021 at Cefas
- Answering unknowns in Anguilla: the new Global Ocean Wildlife Analysis Network
- Pulling back the "Blue Curtain" in the UK Overseas Territories
- Balancing trade-offs for offshore activities? How we reviewed compensatory measures and their role in meeting net zero goals