With increasing concerns around food security in the face of growing populations, climate change and recent global events, such as the Ukraine invasion, the UK government is turning their attention to new and innovative ways of meeting future food demands …
I'm an Aquaculture & Aquatic Animal Health business development officer with Cefas. I have 12 year’s previous experience carrying out statutory inspections
of aquaculture production businesses with the Fish Health Inspectorate.
My current role is working on specific projects that benefit the aquaculture industry whilst also delivering
business for Cefas.
Cefas has created a new on-line regulatory toolbox for the aquaculture industry in England, and I’d like to explain why.
Related content and links
About Marine Science
The Marine Science blog showcases the latest developments and research in the marine and freshwater sectors across all government departments.
Follow Cefas on Twitter
- Strengthening Sri Lanka’s preparedness to respond to oiled wildlife emergencies
- The power of plankton: Advancing our understanding of the role and value of plankton as marine natural capital
- Safeguarding Global Coral Trade: The Power of a New Visual Guide for Border Inspections
- Expanding the concept of 'blue carbon’: Cefas science on coastal ecosystems and their role in tackling climate change
- Collaboration and progress through Cefas’ Climate, Health, and Environment Resilience Programme in the Middle East