With increasing concerns around food security in the face of growing populations, climate change and recent global events, such as the Ukraine invasion, the UK government is turning their attention to new and innovative ways of meeting future food demands …
I'm an Aquaculture & Aquatic Animal Health business development officer with Cefas. I have 12 year’s previous experience carrying out statutory inspections
of aquaculture production businesses with the Fish Health Inspectorate.
My current role is working on specific projects that benefit the aquaculture industry whilst also delivering
business for Cefas.
Cefas has created a new on-line regulatory toolbox for the aquaculture industry in England, and I’d like to explain why.
Related content and links
About Marine Science
The Marine Science blog showcases the latest developments and research in the marine and freshwater sectors across all government departments.
Follow Cefas on Twitter
- Into the deep: How Cefas science of the deep-sea is exploring uncharted waters
- One year on: Cefas generates new tools and evidence to support marine natural capital programme
- Making waves: recent contributions of Cefas fisheries science for the future of fisheries management in the UK
- Early Career Scientist Interdisciplinary Summer School: a week of fun, facts and FISH!
- How science, partnerships and innovation are key to tackling illegal trade of sharks and rays in Indonesia