Southern Water have recently been fined a record £90m for deliberately pouring sewage into sea. The Environment Agency also highlighted their response to the case which saw 6,971 unpermitted sewage discharges taking place in Kent, Hampshire and Sussex between 2010 …
Principal Water Quality Scientist
Related content and links
About Marine Science
The Marine Science blog showcases the latest developments and research in the marine and freshwater sectors across all government departments.
Follow Cefas on Twitter
- Expanding the concept of 'blue carbon’: Cefas science on coastal ecosystems and their role in tackling climate change
- Collaboration and progress through Cefas’ Climate, Health, and Environment Resilience Programme in the Middle East
- Too hot to handle? Marine climate change risks and opportunities for adaptation in the Gulf
- Learning lessons from (almost) a decade of MPA monitoring in English waters: where are we now and what happens next?
- What do a Communications Officer, a Shellfish Scientist and a Fish Health Inspector have in common?