The deep-sea covers more than 60% of the Earth's surface. Deep-sea ecosystems are amongst the least well understood owing to the combined challenges of remoteness, vastness, and the difficulties of exploring its depths. The ‘deep-sea’ is a catch-all term that …
Related content and links
About Marine Science
The Marine Science blog showcases the latest developments and research in the marine and freshwater sectors across all government departments.
Follow Cefas on Twitter
- Into the deep: How Cefas science of the deep-sea is exploring uncharted waters
- One year on: Cefas generates new tools and evidence to support marine natural capital programme
- Making waves: recent contributions of Cefas fisheries science for the future of fisheries management in the UK
- Early Career Scientist Interdisciplinary Summer School: a week of fun, facts and FISH!
- How science, partnerships and innovation are key to tackling illegal trade of sharks and rays in Indonesia