As the new year dawned and monsoon rains deluged Jakarta, spirits were not dampened as a team of internationally renowned scientists and 20 enthusiastic shark product inspectors were heading to the Indonesian capital to collaborate on the long-anticipated ‘training the …
Sophy McCully Phillips
Senior Elasmobranch Scientist
Related content and links
About Marine Science
The Marine Science blog showcases the latest developments and research in the marine and freshwater sectors across all government departments.
Follow Cefas on Twitter
- Into the deep: How Cefas science of the deep-sea is exploring uncharted waters
- One year on: Cefas generates new tools and evidence to support marine natural capital programme
- Making waves: recent contributions of Cefas fisheries science for the future of fisheries management in the UK
- Early Career Scientist Interdisciplinary Summer School: a week of fun, facts and FISH!
- How science, partnerships and innovation are key to tackling illegal trade of sharks and rays in Indonesia