The Pacific oyster is a popular aquaculture species, and I'm monitoring its distribution in Southampton and Poole.
I am a research student at the University of Southampton studying for a PhD within the Ocean and Earth Sciences department. I am researching the distribution of Pacific oysters in Poole Harbour a species that is commercially farmed throughout Europe and has significant export value to the UK.
Related content and links
About Marine Science
The Marine Science blog showcases the latest developments and research in the marine and freshwater sectors across all government departments.
Follow Cefas on Twitter
- Cefas and industry science collaborations: scallop stock assessment
- Charting progress: the English Atlantic Bluefin Tuna catch, tag and release programme
- Fish Health Inspectorate: protecting wild and farmed aquatic animals
- Shellfish sleuths- seafood-borne human illness investigations
- Cefas evidence supports successful prosecution in the Environment Agency versus Southern Water wastewater permit breaches case