The Pacific oyster is a popular aquaculture species, and I'm monitoring its distribution in Southampton and Poole.
I am a research student at the University of Southampton studying for a PhD within the Ocean and Earth Sciences department. I am researching the distribution of Pacific oysters in Poole Harbour a species that is commercially farmed throughout Europe and has significant export value to the UK.
Related content and links
About Marine Science
The Marine Science blog showcases the latest developments and research in the marine and freshwater sectors across all government departments.
Follow Cefas on Twitter
- Pulling back the "Blue Curtain" in the UK Overseas Territories
- Balancing trade-offs for offshore activities? How we reviewed compensatory measures and their role in meeting net zero goals
- Plankton observations, microscopic creatures with global influence: how we use small ocean life to monitor the health of seas the life they support
- UK agencies tackling antimicrobial resistance internationally
- Mauritius oil spill – an environmental disaster avoided?