The annual Invasive Species Week is taking place between the 24th and 30th May 2021, led by the GB Non-Native Species Secretariat (NNSS) with many organisations taking the opportunity to raise awareness of the issues and what work is being …
I work in the Epidemiology and Risk team in the Aquatic Health and Hygiene Division at Cefas.
Marine non-indigenous species (NIS) impact wild and farmed shellfish, as they are species which have been introduced into locations outside their natural range.
Related content and links
About Marine Science
The Marine Science blog showcases the latest developments and research in the marine and freshwater sectors across all government departments.
Follow Cefas on Twitter
- Monitoring the impact of climate change: The Global Ocean Wildlife Analysis Network and British Antarctic Territory
- Enhancing knowledge and protection: St Helena and the Global Ocean Wildlife Analysis Network
- The Blue Belt Programme: looking back on 2020/2021
- Invasive Species Week 2021 at Cefas
- Answering unknowns in Anguilla: the new Global Ocean Wildlife Analysis Network