Safe and sustainable seafood is the core focus of research teams in Cefas’ Weymouth lab, investigating a range of hazards including bacteria, viruses and naturally occurring toxins that impact either human or animal health. Recently Cefas was bequeathed an entire …
Science Director, Cefas
Related content and links
About Marine Science
The Marine Science blog showcases the latest developments and research in the marine and freshwater sectors across all government departments.
Follow Cefas on Twitter
- Into the deep: How Cefas science of the deep-sea is exploring uncharted waters
- One year on: Cefas generates new tools and evidence to support marine natural capital programme
- Making waves: recent contributions of Cefas fisheries science for the future of fisheries management in the UK
- Early Career Scientist Interdisciplinary Summer School: a week of fun, facts and FISH!
- How science, partnerships and innovation are key to tackling illegal trade of sharks and rays in Indonesia