We've seen many shellfish disease events in 2013 and 2014, and below is a summary listed by species.
Editor of Shellfish News.
Working within the Fish Health Inspectorate at Cefas on shellfish aquaculture and disease advice.
Below is the background to the molluscan diseases that the Cefas Fish Health Inspectorate (FHI) regulated in 2014.
To keep up with publication trends, Finfish News and Shellfish News are being refreshed. They will now be published on this blog, where each item will be a standalone post.
Related content and links
About Marine Science
The Marine Science blog showcases the latest developments and research in the marine and freshwater sectors across all government departments.
Follow Cefas on Twitter
- Discards are damaging – Invasive Species Week
- The developing UK seaweed industry
- Introducing the Marine Natural Capital and Ecosystem Assessment Programme (mNCEA)
- Launching a new visual tool to identify shark trunks in the international meat trade
- Identifying CITES-listed sharks amidst a global pandemic