We've seen many shellfish disease events in 2013 and 2014, and below is a summary listed by species.
Editor of Shellfish News.
Working within the Fish Health Inspectorate at Cefas on shellfish aquaculture and disease advice.
Below is the background to the molluscan diseases that the Cefas Fish Health Inspectorate (FHI) regulated in 2014.
To keep up with publication trends, Finfish News and Shellfish News are being refreshed. They will now be published on this blog, where each item will be a standalone post.
Related content and links
About Marine Science
The Marine Science blog showcases the latest developments and research in the marine and freshwater sectors across all government departments.
Follow Cefas on Twitter
- Into the deep: How Cefas science of the deep-sea is exploring uncharted waters
- One year on: Cefas generates new tools and evidence to support marine natural capital programme
- Making waves: recent contributions of Cefas fisheries science for the future of fisheries management in the UK
- Early Career Scientist Interdisciplinary Summer School: a week of fun, facts and FISH!
- How science, partnerships and innovation are key to tackling illegal trade of sharks and rays in Indonesia