I’m Thomas Maes, a Cefas marine biologist with nearly 10 years’ experience of coastal and ocean monitoring. I manage Cefas’ Clean Seas Environmental Monitoring Programme and provide advice to the UK government on issues related to human impacts on the …
I'm a scientist at Cefas who is currently running research projects on marine litter.
Related content and links
About Marine Science
The Marine Science blog showcases the latest developments and research in the marine and freshwater sectors across all government departments.
Follow Cefas on Twitter
- Pulling back the "Blue Curtain" in the UK Overseas Territories
- Balancing trade-offs for offshore activities? How we reviewed compensatory measures and their role in meeting net zero goals
- Plankton observations, microscopic creatures with global influence: how we use small ocean life to monitor the health of seas the life they support
- UK agencies tackling antimicrobial resistance internationally
- Mauritius oil spill – an environmental disaster avoided?