I’m Thomas Maes, a Cefas marine biologist with nearly 10 years’ experience of coastal and ocean monitoring. I manage Cefas’ Clean Seas Environmental Monitoring Programme and provide advice to the UK government on issues related to human impacts on the …
I'm a scientist at Cefas who is currently running research projects on marine litter.
Related content and links
About Marine Science
The Marine Science blog showcases the latest developments and research in the marine and freshwater sectors across all government departments.
Follow Cefas on Twitter
- Developing new and novel ways to monitor our oceans
- Developing the first trunk identification guide for CITES-listed species: Identifying headless, finless sharks
- Large underwater mountain mapped near remote UK Overseas Territory
- Training the trainers: safeguarding international trade in threatened shark species in Indonesia
- Testing new shark & ray identification training with Indonesia’s inspectors