Millions of people enjoy seafood. But achieving food security remains a significant and ongoing challenge for society.
Simon Jennings is a Lead Advisor at the Cefas Lowestoft Laboratory, where he is responsible for providing scientific advice focusing on biodiversity, food security and fisheries-environment interactions.
He is also active as a research scientist, working with colleagues to further understanding of marine systems and their interactions with people and the environment. This understanding is helping to improve methods of monitoring, assessment and management.
Related content and links
About Marine Science
The Marine Science blog showcases the latest developments and research in the marine and freshwater sectors across all government departments.
Follow Cefas on Twitter
- Discards are damaging – Invasive Species Week
- The developing UK seaweed industry
- Introducing the Marine Natural Capital and Ecosystem Assessment Programme (mNCEA)
- Launching a new visual tool to identify shark trunks in the international meat trade
- Identifying CITES-listed sharks amidst a global pandemic