Millions of people enjoy seafood. But achieving food security remains a significant and ongoing challenge for society.
Simon Jennings is a Lead Advisor at the Cefas Lowestoft Laboratory, where he is responsible for providing scientific advice focusing on biodiversity, food security and fisheries-environment interactions.
He is also active as a research scientist, working with colleagues to further understanding of marine systems and their interactions with people and the environment. This understanding is helping to improve methods of monitoring, assessment and management.
Related content and links
About Marine Science
The Marine Science blog showcases the latest developments and research in the marine and freshwater sectors across all government departments.
Follow Cefas on Twitter
- Pulling back the "Blue Curtain" in the UK Overseas Territories
- Balancing trade-offs for offshore activities? How we reviewed compensatory measures and their role in meeting net zero goals
- Plankton observations, microscopic creatures with global influence: how we use small ocean life to monitor the health of seas the life they support
- UK agencies tackling antimicrobial resistance internationally
- Mauritius oil spill – an environmental disaster avoided?