Millions of people enjoy seafood. But achieving food security remains a significant and ongoing challenge for society.
Simon Jennings is a Lead Advisor at the Cefas Lowestoft Laboratory, where he is responsible for providing scientific advice focusing on biodiversity, food security and fisheries-environment interactions.
He is also active as a research scientist, working with colleagues to further understanding of marine systems and their interactions with people and the environment. This understanding is helping to improve methods of monitoring, assessment and management.
Related content and links
About Marine Science
The Marine Science blog showcases the latest developments and research in the marine and freshwater sectors across all government departments.
Follow Cefas on Twitter
- Into the deep: How Cefas science of the deep-sea is exploring uncharted waters
- One year on: Cefas generates new tools and evidence to support marine natural capital programme
- Making waves: recent contributions of Cefas fisheries science for the future of fisheries management in the UK
- Early Career Scientist Interdisciplinary Summer School: a week of fun, facts and FISH!
- How science, partnerships and innovation are key to tackling illegal trade of sharks and rays in Indonesia