Millions of people enjoy seafood. But achieving food security remains a significant and ongoing challenge for society.
Simon Jennings is a Lead Advisor at the Cefas Lowestoft Laboratory, where he is responsible for providing scientific advice focusing on biodiversity, food security and fisheries-environment interactions.
He is also active as a research scientist, working with colleagues to further understanding of marine systems and their interactions with people and the environment. This understanding is helping to improve methods of monitoring, assessment and management.
Related content and links
About Marine Science
The Marine Science blog showcases the latest developments and research in the marine and freshwater sectors across all government departments.
Follow Cefas on Twitter
- Fish Health Inspectorate: protecting wild and farmed aquatic animals
- Shellfish sleuths- seafood-borne human illness investigations
- Cefas evidence supports successful prosecution in the Environment Agency versus Southern Water wastewater permit breaches case
- Cefas bequeathed priceless biological reference collection
- Monitoring the impact of climate change: The Global Ocean Wildlife Analysis Network and British Antarctic Territory