This autumn, Jeroen van der Kooij and a team of scientists and crew from Cefas and other marine organisations are heading out to sea onboard RV Cefas Endeavour for the seventh annual PELTIC survey. In this blog, Jeroen explains what …
Jeroen van der Kooij
Jeroen van der Kooij specializes in the ecology of pelagic ecosystems, with a focus on characterizing the distribution and abundance of mid-trophic pelagic species in relation to the physical, chemical and biological environment. He designed the PELTIC survey and has been scientist in charge in since the first pilot survey in 2011.
Related content and links
About Marine Science
The Marine Science blog showcases the latest developments and research in the marine and freshwater sectors across all government departments.
Follow Cefas on Twitter
- Developing new and novel ways to monitor our oceans
- Developing the first trunk identification guide for CITES-listed species: Identifying headless, finless sharks
- Large underwater mountain mapped near remote UK Overseas Territory
- Training the trainers: safeguarding international trade in threatened shark species in Indonesia
- Testing new shark & ray identification training with Indonesia’s inspectors